Friday, July 9, 2010

The weekend of desserts!

So, I'm going to try out some new dessert recipes this weekend. Lately, I've been perusing a new food book we bought a while back titled, "The Chocolate and Coffee Bible". It is AMAZING.

It's divided into two sections, Chocolate and Coffee. Each section starts out with a history of the foodstuffs, when it was discovered, where it was cultivated and developed, and how it spread worldwide. Then it talks about famous proprietors and confectioners and how they got into the business. Then it goes into the various forms and how they are made. It's facinating.

But then, oh then, the rest of each section is devoted to recipes. In the Chocolate section, every recipe has chocolate in it, likewise in the Coffee section. There are recipes for cakes, tarts, drinks, candies, ice cream, cookies, bars, breads, and oodles of other goodies.

I'm planning on making a French chocolate cake, and an Italian iced coffee dessert that kind of reminds me of the shaved ice I had when I was in Hawaii 14 years ago.

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment