Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Morning Buzz

Nothing wakes you up like a good cup of coffee or 3. I'm a bit of a sissy when it comes to drinking though, I like lots of cream and sugar. Lately, I've become a big fan of International Delight creamers.

Having worked at a coffee shop some years back, I have learned the wondrous taste of freshly ground beans. Not to mention the fact that they are a bit cheaper to buy in bulk. [Remember, the more work that is done preparing something before you get it, the more expensive it is because the added cost of preparation is placed on the end consumer.]

Ever insightful in the most delightful of ways, my wife bought me a coffee grinder and combination coffee- and espresso-maker for my birthday after we got married. So I can grind my beans fresh whenever I need a fix, and can either take it in a cuppa joe, or a latte. It's awesome.

Of course, it's not the same as having the ~$5,000 triple-head espresso machine we had at Kilted Coffee, but that thing needed to be connected directly to the water line. I doubt I could get approval from the Management office to install one in our apartment, nor could I afford the thing to begin with. I'm really happy with what I have, even if when making a quad-shot of espresso I do smell the beans scalding.

I'm still satisfied that I know how steamed milk sounds when it's at the right temperature.

Also, I haven't gotten around to buying more for myself, but Monin Syrups are THE BEST flavor syrups I have ever had for making drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment