Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A little example of my wares


Home-made Pizza!

Seriously, this was completely from scratch. I came home one afternoon and my wife had pulled out a recipe for fresh pizza dough using whole-wheat flour, which makes enough for 3 crusts. She had the dough rising when I arrived, so I can't take full credit for this meal. The sauce was diced tomatoes with garlic, oregano, basil, some rosemary, and I think thyme. We have a couple of spice jars that are labeled "pizza seasonings" that are a blend of the latter four. Mix everything in a pot and slowly boil it to reduce the water content and to break down the tomato chunks.

The toppings were green peppers thawed from the freezer, and a whole package of pepperoni.

We put on a lot of cheese, I think we used one and a half 12-oz packages of mozzarella on this monster. We layered the cheese and pepperoni a couple of times as not to over saturate the surface area.

Now, I'm a cooking nerd, and we actually have a baking stone that I got from my parents because they weren't using it, ever. So we had prepared the pizza on the parchment paper and pre-heated the baking stone in the oven per the directions. I think we baked the pizza itself for about 30 minutes, which was a little bit longer than called for, but I thought it needed to cook a bit more at the 24-minute mark.

And that's that.

Honestly, we just happened to take a picture because we were so proud of ourselves. I'll be amazed if I find any more pictures of things I've already cooked.

We'll see what I end up making for dinner tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment