Saturday, January 15, 2011

Deviled Eggs

Okay, so I actually forgot to take pictures during the making of process, but the final image turned out so nice, I wanted to share it with you.

I used the recipe from America's Test Kitchen Family Cook Book. It calls for 7 eggs, mayonnaise, cider vinegar, grainy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to season.


Boil the eggs.

Cut the boiled eggs in half and scoop or turn out the yolks into a bowl.

Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.

Put the mash into a plastic Zip-Loc bag and cur one of the corners off to create a make-shift pastry bag.

Squeeze the mash into the halved egg whites and garnish.



I like to garnish with chives and cayenne pepper instead of just salt and black pepper.

We made these last summer for a potluck. I think it was a movie night at the Vali-Hi Drive-In Theater.

I remember these disappeared pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment